3 Open Positions
If you are a member contact us to insert your job offers.
IMPORT, PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS MANAGER IMPORT/EXPORT COMPANY
Southtrade (Pty) Ltd has a 60-years experience in the import/export of agricultural machinery, mostly from Italy. Based in Cape Town, the company has built a reputation as a reliable partner and has consequently acquired a sizeable share of the agricultural machinery market in Southern Africa.
POSITION: Import, Procurement and Logistics Manager
LOCATION: Cape Town
The ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
- Italian native-speaker with excellent knowledge of the Italian culture
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of the Mechanical sector (technical terminology and challenges)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Understanding of foreign trade procedures, regulations and logistics from Italy.
- Ability to work with small teams
- Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Italian-South African dual citizenship or permanent residency and work permit in South Africa.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communications with approximately 30 Italian suppliers
- Negotiating with factories for favourable prices, terms and conditions
- Organising the logistics of imports and exports
- Discussing the packing of FCL / groupage FCL with freight forwarders
- Organizing and hosting tours to Italy of south African clients interested to buy
Italian goods. She obviously should not need to apply for a visa to enter
- Translating technical issues for south African workshops / technicians from
English to Italian and vice-versa.
- Arranging itineraries for Italian suppliers visiting South Africa
- Promoting Italian products at marketing events
- Transfer of technical and marketing information to our dealer network by
translating into English
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship opportunities: Become part of our Team!
The Italian-South African Chamber offers an internship program from January to December addressed to students or young workers that wish to live an experience abroad.
Nevertheless we must specify some points…
The Chamber doesn’t reimburse any expense that might occur
The cost of life is of about 800 euro, which includes house rent, car rent, food, fuel and all normal daily-life expenses for working days and weekends.
The rent of the apartment (included in the above-mentionned 800 euros) is of 300 euros per month (to be paid directly to the owner of the house)
An international driver license is required because public transport are not efficient in South-Africa.
A medical insurance cover is required
No vaccinations are required
The level of criminality in the country is higher than in Italy, but if someone follows the right precautions there is no actual harm
In South-Africa all credit cards circuits should work but we suggest to verify with the bank before leaving the home country.
Due to VISA reasons, the period of stay in South Africa cannot exceed 90 days, if the student wants to stay over 3 months we can organize
the VISA request.